Welcome to my blog! I'm hoping to delve into some interesting copyright issues in the months to come. I look forward to chatting with all of you and getting your stance.
To get this blog started, I just wanted to share with you a copyright website that I love. For those of you who enjoy entertainment trivia/gossip, it gives you the 411 on the some of the most infamous copyright cases - like Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby" imitation of Queen & David Bowie's classic "Under Pressure." And who can forget Leslie Neilsen's poster parody of the pregnant Demi Moore? I urge you to check it out:
http://www.benedict.com/Default.aspx
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That website was really interesting! I always knew there were feuds and court cases pertaining to copyright issues, but its hard to relate them to your own life. This website helped me put "copyright issues in perspective. It related the concept to things I listen to, watch and read about in everyday life.
That is a great website to help us understand copyright. I like the fair use visualizer and the fair use test, very interesting.
What a great website!! I wanted to just keep reading more about all the movie and music disputes. I was especially interested when fair use won out! Thanks for sharing!!
I love that website! I could spend hours reading the information on it. It is interesting to see copyright law in action rather than just a law passed by Congress on some paper.
This site will certainly make me stop and listen more as I am driving and listening to songs and think "haven't I heard this before?"
This website highlights the artist Beyonce. I know that Destiny's Child has changed members on at least two different occasions. Two of the early members of the group have sued Beyonce and her dad for not giving them a fair share of the proceeds from someof the songs they recorded together. Is this a copyright infringement?
Post a Comment